My good friend Chris Chandler has a miraculous opportunity to receive a life-saving surgery for his very rare condition. A fundraiser has been organized to raise the money for the surgery. Please check out his GoFundMe page and help if you can.
Monday, October 19, 2020
Monday, October 12, 2020
I was asked by my fellowship to post the following announcement:
The Remnant Living Waters Retreat, Fall 2021
Save the date! The Boise Fellowship would like to announce that, back by popular demand, the Remnant Living Waters Retreat 2021 will take place again at Living Waters Ranch in Challis, Idaho from Sept 3-6, 2021 (Labor Day weekend).
Though the official retreat activities will be scheduled beginning Friday evening and go through Monday morning, you are welcome to come any day before the 3rd and stay for however long you would like after the 6th.
Please visit www.livingwatersranch.org to see the various lodging options and call John at Living Waters Ranch at (208) 879-2888 to reserve your accommodations. There are also various RV, hotel and bed and breakfast options in Challis for those who would like to stay in town.
Please email the Boise Fellowship with any retreat questions at: email@example.com.
More details to come!
Friday, October 9, 2020
Thursday, October 1, 2020
I received the following note from the organizer of the Asia Regional Conference. For the record, this conference was originally planned for the spring, but had to be postponed due to Covid concerns. I was particularly disappointed because I had planned to attend in person.
The conference is now virtual and slated for this weekend. It will be an amazing event and I'm looking forward to watching and learning. Remember, when it comes to conferences this weekend, you have a choice.
Here's the link where you can learn about and watch the conference:
And here's the note I received:
As you know, we are planning for an Online Event this weekend to replace what should have been a live, Asia Regional Conference.
At this point, I have received, edited, and subtitled each and every talk other than the several that will be given live. As I have done so, I have had the chance to listen to all of them a number of times. This has resulted in seeing the hand of God in the selection of topic, speakers, and in their messages. I only gave a brief overview of topic and purpose of the conference, and let them all go with what they wanted to deliver. It is amazing!
Thus, I have written the following, which I posted on the various sites and forums I am in:
Good morning, everyone...
Just a last minute reminder that the Asia Regional Conference Online Event will stream live from Japan this weekend. I'm sorry, I didn't realize it is LDS general conference weekend. We actually planned the conference as a live event, back in April, and timed it to start on the same day as Sukkot. As we converted to an online event, we left the date in place. So, if there is conflict, I apologize.
Also, although I know this will sound simply like a self-serving plug for the event, please read and understand the following very carefully.
I have now got all the talks and recordings edited, captioned and ready to go, except for those that will be live. As I have done this, it has become clear that the messages that will appear this weekend, if you will watch with an open mind and open heart, have the potential to literally change the world. It is my conviction that these messages contain everything we need to know to knit together as a people, and evolve into a community that might be invited to join the Lord's efforts to build Zion. I know there are those among us that would love to participate in a Zion community, and so, to all of you, I humbly ask, please clear your schedule, clear your hearts, clear your minds, and listen carefully to the 13 people that will speak to you this weekend (I don't include myself in that number, inasmuch as I have not yet had time to write my own message!). Also, as the sessions progress, please keep an eye out for the startling similarities amongst the various religions and beliefs that are discussed. It’s kind of amazing.
I hope you'll join us.
Monday, August 17, 2020
- Check-in begins at 1:00 PM on Friday, September 4th. If you have not booked or paid for your lodging yet, please do so immediately. Accommodations at the Ranch are almost full, but there are some bunkbeds and dry tent and RV camping sites left. Please go to https://retreat.restorationarchives.com/#lodging to identify your lodging options.
- If you are planning to attend the Retreat, the organizers from the Boise Fellowship urge you to contact them before August 20th to let them know if you will be eating meals at the Ranch. The Ranch cooks have to travel many hours away to purchase the groceries necessary to prepare our meals for us, so if you have not made sure your party’s name is on the list, there will likely not be food for you. Please contact Lori Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-503-4747 to add your name to the list. Remember that payment for meals must be made IN CASH at the time of the meal. Exact change will be appreciated but not necessary. Meal times, menus, and purchase prices can be found on the Retreat website.
- There will be a Retreat Kickoff Meeting and Welcome Party on Friday night beginning at 7:00 PM. Important details about the weekend will be given at the meeting, so please attend if you can. If you are able, please bring an appetizer and/or drinks to the Welcome Party. We will have coolers available for drinks. (Please bring your own small coolers for alcoholic drinks you may wish to bring. There will not be a community cooler for alcohol since there will be many minors attending this event. Please drink responsibly, and share your drinks responsibly.)
- No pets are allowed at Living Waters Ranch. Please arrange care for your pets and do not bring them (even dogs) to the Retreat.
- Because Idaho law prohibits minors from partaking of alcohol, even for religious reasons, we are asking each family/group to bring their own wine and grape juice and administer it to their family members according to their age. Bread and cups will be provided.
- The average weather in Challis, Idaho in September is a high of 74 and a low of 41, so the weather will likely be variable. Plan to bring warm clothing, as it will always get cold as the evening progresses, but also bring t-shirts and shorts. Depending on where you are staying and in what type of accommodation, you will need to make sure you’re aware of what things you need to bring. Please note that if you’re staying in a bunkhouse or tent/RV, you will need to bring your own bedding and towels (shower houses are available). If you’re staying in a Living Waters Mini-Lodge, Chalet, Motel, or School of Ministry room, bedding and towels are provided.
- Cash for Meals (meals MUST be reserved by August 20th with Lori Larsen)
- Appetizer and/or drinks for the Friday Night Welcome Party
- Wine and/or grape juice for your family/group for Sacrament on Sunday
- Camp Chairs
- Swimming Suits (hot springs nearby)
- Hiking Boots/Tennis Shoes
- Warm Clothing
- Bug Repellant
- Snacks (remember, there are only 2 planned meals per day)
- Pillows, Bedding, and Towels (if not provided in your lodging)
- Camping Gear (if you’re staying in a tent)
- Roasting Sticks
- Sports Equipment/Balls (baseballs, kickballs, etc)
- Guitars, Harmonicas, etc.
We look forward to seeing you soon! If you have additional questions, please visit the Retreat website at https://retreat.restorationarchives.com. If you cannot find answers to your questions on the website, please fill out the form on the website, and the organizers will get back to you promptly.
Saturday, July 18, 2020
I just watched this video, and felt it important enough to share here. All Latter-day Saints, and everyone with an interest in the Restoration through Joseph Smith needs to see the actual, documented evidence showing how the official history is now the opposite of the truth.
If your loyalty lies with Brigham Young or his legacy, you join the litany of fools who hold Joseph Smith in derision. The revelation says Joseph’s people would never be turned against him by the testimony of traitors. Therefore, it stands to reason, that if you believe the testimony of traitors, you are not counted among “Joseph’s people.”
Seriously, watch the video. It will be worth your time.
Saturday, June 27, 2020
Their deaths were brought about by those who at one time had been their friends. Today, many who claim to believe their teachings also accuse them of gross wickedness. When the angel told Joseph his name would be had for good and evil, it foreshadowed something so bizarre and ironic that it's almost unimaginable.
Our Lord said: “A prophet is not without honor, save in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.” (Mark 3:6, NC)
Those who claim to be the country, kin, and house of Joseph lavishly expect to fulfill prophecy. They have, unfortunately, fulfilled this one. An ignominious distinction, to say the least.
A week ago, there was a conference held in honor of the 200th anniversary of the First Vision and the beginning of the restoration. All the branches of the restoration were invited to participate. It was a wonderful, uplifting, positive event, and I’m very grateful to have been there and participated.
Here’s a link to the website where the conference recordings can be viewed:
And here’s a video of the talk I gave at the conference:
When God begins a work among men, he sends those who are ordinary, unremarkable, and un-notable. Those he calls are universally uncomfortable with the responsibilities he gives them. They are crippled by doubts about their own abilities and faith, and left to conclude the only way anything good can come of their efforts is through the might of the one who sent them. This is as it should be, and as it always is. The farm boy from New York, the Carpenter from Galilee, the fisherman from Bethsaida, the Pharisee from Tarsus, the Lamanite on Zarahemla’s wall, the Nephite on his garden tower, the brothers in prison surrounded by fire, and the brothers in prison surrounded by gunfire. All found themselves in situations and with responsibilities they did not seek, and would have gladly relinquished if it were possible. All were hated and threatened and many paid with their lives.
Few ever recognize those who God sends. Strait is the gate and narrow is the way, and few there be that find it. I would add, many there be that reject it, even while sure they are right.
200 years ago, an unremarkable and uneducated farm boy met God face to face as the ancient patriarchs did. Ten years later, he published what may be the most remarkable book in the history of the world. Fourteen years after that, he was murdered by the conspiracy of traitors. Those who knew, and who know Brother Joseph are left to mourn.
One of the most important things we can learn from his life is that God’s pattern yet remains unchanged. He calls upon the weak, makes himself known to them, empowers and sends them with his message, and they are generally rejected and cast out by fools who think they know better.
If it happened again, how would you recognize it?